The evaluation is a required part of Vermont receiving the SBIRT funding from the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
The VT-SBIRT evaluation has 2 primary goals:
- Provide data to participating providers and key stakeholders to facilitate the Continuous Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance efforts.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of VT-SBIRT in helping Vermonters engaging in risky or concerning alcohol and other drug use.
The evaluation portion of this site is organized into the following sections:
- The ‘At The Clinic’ page helps to outline the data collection flow as a patient moves through the SBIRT protocol. There is also a powerpoint document describing not only the data collection flow but assignment of GPRA ID numbers, data collection time periods, and a set of rules to help answer some of the more common questions. Here you will also find the most up-to-date versions of the clinic friendly data collection forms.
- All about GPRA includes a frequently asked questions document about the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) Client Outcome Measure set, a question by question guide, and the most recent version of the GPRA Client Outcome Measure. All required GPRA items have been reformatted into the clinic friendly data collection forms.
- Evaluation Reports includes published quarterly data dashboards and reports on VT-SBIRT’s progress.
Should you have any questions about the evaluation, see the bottom of the Contact Us page.