12,155 People Screened
November 8-December 5 2014
Welcome Audrey Garfield- SBIRT data entry specialist
- Collaborating with sites to resolve data inconsistencies.
- Preparing biweekly CQI reports and weekly census reports.
- Supporting UVM in their VT SBIRT start up.
- Continuing other ongoing data management tasks.
Grant Management & Implementation
- developing and submission of year one carry forward funding request with 4 primary domains:
- funding new providers;
- decreasing health disparities through translations & cultural brokering,
- hosting several conferences and
- collaborating with EMR vendors to develop patient tablet screeners.
- Effort to plan for increased participant engagement in Policy Steering Committee – including the development of a new strategic plan to be used by Policy Steering Committee and other meetings to discuss high level plans anf next steps for VT SBIRT.
- Communication with several national SBIRT grantees to better understand their project approach to disseminating model and sustainability – and hot to engage medical champions.
- further communications with consultant to develop high level planning, timeline and actions steps for Care Coordination & Technology as well as agenda for upcoming workgroup.
- Communications with three EMR vendors to further develop automated patient data capacity.
Resources & Training –
- Website updated with calendar and revised clinical tools & training power points.
- Implementation binders revised for providers technical assistance
- UVM initial pilot underway and continued training of staff – now focused on implementation workflow and brief interventions & treatment.
- Rutland Regoinal Medical Ctr Emergency Department to begin training staff in upcoming month – planning underway.
- CVMC – SIM grant project to extend SBIRT into outpatient providers in central Vermont is in planning stage and first meetings have begun with providers.
- VT-SBIRT Training plan revised and shared with grant management team to both describe evaluation of training and course offerings (required & optional).
Thanks- The SBIRT Team